How To Buy Online From Diversified Firearms
1. Choose the weapon you wish to purchase.
2. Determine if you are eligible by state/local laws to possess the weapon.
3. If purchase is made outside of Connecticut, the weapon must be sent to a local FFL gun shop, pawn shop or dealer near you. They will charge a transfer fee ranging from $20-$30 typically. If you need assistance to locate a dealer, please contact us or click on the one of the following links: fflregistry.com or fflgundealers.net.
Once shipped, you can pick it up at their location after completing the paperwork and receiving approvals, which also involves a background check. At a minimum, you will be filling out a standard form (4473) issued by the ATF. A link to this form is atf.gov.
We require a copy of the receiving FFL dealer’s license prior to shipment – it must be faxed, emailed, or mailed to us. See “CONTACT US” page.
4. Determine method of payment. We accept M/C, AMEX, Visa, Discover, Checks, and Post Office Money Orders.
IF YOU PAY BY CASH/CHECK, WE WILL DISCOUNT 2-1/2% FROM YOUR ORDER AT CHECKOUT.
5. We will take care of the rest.
Terms and Conditions for Purchases
- You must be 21 years of age to purchase a weapon.
- We provide internet and CT retail sales (by appointment only) of weapons – CT sales subject to 6.35% Sales Tax.
- For sales outside of Connecticut, we will only ship to FFL’s in your state.
- We ship to all states, however referenced shipping costs are shown for lower 48. Please contact us with any special requests. We ship expedited service on handguns.
- All pricing shown is based on a credit card basis. We do accept Checks, Postal Money Orders, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover credit cards. If you choose to pay cash/check/MO we will provide you with a 2.5% discount on your weapons purchase.
- All new weapon sales are final; used weapons carry a money-back guarantee after a 3 day evaluation period at the receiving dealer, however return shipping charges are paid by the buyer.
- All weapons advertising a lifetime warranty or replacement are handled either through the manufacturer or participating distributor. Please refer to warranty policies of the manufacturer or with the attached warranty card provided for details.
- We offer lay-away service for 60 days maximum, 50% down and two payments of 25% before gun ships.
- We typically ship same day once payment clears.
- Any returned goods results in a 10% surcharge plus any shipping costs incurred.
- When you use our products or websites, you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and credit card information. By giving us such information, you will need to consent to our using it in the manner described in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are responsible to know the laws and rules of gun transfer in your state. We cannot knowingly ship or sell weapons in states or cities where they are prohibited.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an FFL and why do I need one to buy a gun?
A Federal Firearms License is granted to individuals and businesses that are authorized to handle firearm transactions. They are typically gun stores, pawnshops, and retail sporting stores. An FFL will receive the gun, register it and have you fill out the proper federal and local paperwork. A background check is conducted, which grants you legal possession.
Can a weapon be shipped directly to me?
With the exception of specific black powder weapons, all weapons need to be sent to an FFL.
How long does it take to order a gun?
The process to order is simple. Refer to the “Process” section at the top of this page. Depending on how quickly we receive your order, payment, and a copy of the receiving FFL license – we can ship in less than 24 hours. Exceptions on lead-time to ship may vary, so please see any notes listed with the item.
Am I legally able to order and own a gun?
Each state or city may have certain requirements towards ownership and registration process. There are literally thousands of laws in place and changes are made daily, so we are not able to interpret every law – this is your responsibility!
How are my weapons shipped to me?
We ship direct to your FFL (For Connecticut sales, please call us directly). Handguns are shipped expedited two-day priority. Long Guns are shipped via ground service. We use USPS, UPS, and FedEx and the shipping charges are typically listed next to the item. If you are looking for expedited service, we will provide a quote. All shipments are insured.
Are Silencers and fully-automatic weapons handled in the same manner as firearms?
They are handled similarly, however additional requirements include a special Class 3 license and tax stamp. We will assist you with the forms and process. The tax stamp is obtained from the ATF and will cost $200 per item. It will also take up to four months to process, so plan accordingly. Please call us for details.
What type of payment plans do you offer?
We offer credit/debit card checkout options for AMEX, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover cards. If you opt to send a check, it is highly advisable that you use a Postal Money Order, otherwise other types of checks may require up to ten business days to clear! We also offer Law-Away with 50% down and 60 day terms with a 25%/month payment until item clears to ship.
Is there an extra cost to pay with credit card?
Prices are shown is the price you pay if you use a credit card. If you choose to pay cash/check/MO, you will receive a 2.5% deduction.
Do you offer volume discounts on items?
Yes, please contact us directly and tell us the item and quantity.
What are the warranties on new guns?
Warranties will vary my manufacturer, but unless otherwise noted, the manufacturer’s web site will list the specific warranty/replacement period.
I have noticed that certain firearms have lifetime warranty and/or replacement, is there an added cost for this?
We have special promotions where the manufacturer or distributor provides extended warranties. When an item is listed with such an extended warranty, the price you see includes the enhanced warranty at no extra cost!
The receiving FFL informs me that the item was delivered, but has damage, what do we do?
You can contact us by email or phone and we will work with the shipper to remedy the problem and provide you with a replacement.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Diversified Firearms’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Diversified Firearms’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Diversified Firearms at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Diversified Firearms’s web site are provided “as is”. Diversified Firearms makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Diversified Firearms does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Diversified Firearms or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Diversified Firearms’s Internet site, even if Diversified Firearms or a Diversified Firearms authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Diversified Firearms’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Diversified Firearms does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Diversified Firearms may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Diversified Firearms does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Diversified Firearms has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Diversified Firearms of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Diversified Firearms’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.